The Reed Union School District has issued the following rules for RUSD fields, compliance with which affects our ability to use their fields. Referees, Coaches and Board Members have been directed to fully enforce these rules and violators will be asked to leave. We ask for your cooperation in maintaining the enormous investment made for the benefit of our children. :
Over $2 million has been invested into the complete restoration of the athletic fields. The following rules need to be adhered to in order to protect our investment:
- Fields are closed to the public during the hours school is in session.
- Use of fields before and after school hours and on weekends is by Use Permit only.
- Animals are NOT allowed on the fields or anywhere on school grounds at any time. (Marin County Ordinance 8.04.160 and Calif. VC Section 21113)
- Use of fields is not allowed during periods of heavy rain or immediately after. Additionally, fields will be closed annually for maintenance and recovery periods during December, January, and February.
- Users must comply with “Field Closed” signs during closure periods.
- Garbage must be deposited in the litter and recycling receptacles provided.
The following are not allowed at any time:
- Alcohol or tobacco (possession or use)
- Glass containers
- Bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades/roller skates
- Metal spikes or cleats
- Fires or barbeques
Please remember, dogs are not allowed on the fields, which includes weekend athletic events or walking your pet. California Vehicle Code Section 21113 and Marin County Ordinance 8.04.106 both prohibit dogs on or off leash on school grounds.