Where Our Registrations Fees Go?
TPSC is a non-profit organization, supported by registration fees and a handful of fund-raising events. The TPSC board annually surveys nearby clubs to ensure that our fees are competitive, but always with the mandate that we operate with a balanced budget.
Registration fees are used for:
- California Youth Soccer Association registration fees
- Field rental and maintenance (50% of RUSD school field maintenance)
- Weekly field setup, teardown and lining
- Recreational league uniforms
- Referee licensing courses and clinics
- Youth referee uniforms
- Referee fees (350+ referee spots)
- Balls, goals, nets, corner flags and other equipment
- Coaches’ training and licensing courses
- Year and season-long skills’ clinics with professional coaches
- Professional coaches/trainers for Interleague teams
- Director of Coaching salary
- Administrator, Registrar and Bookkeeper salaries (all part-time)
- Newspaper notices, phone and website expenses
- Administrative expenses, print and postage
- Tryout evaluators
- Player trophies
- Coaches and volunteers’ thank you’s
Note that Competitive division players also pay for uniforms, tournament fees and travel expenses. (Competitive teams’ parents may also optionally choose to pay for uniform accessories, team parties, trophies, and "friendly" practice game expenses.)
Families with unpaid fees will not be able to register players in following years until all unpaid fee balances are paid in full. Note: Information regarding families with unpaid fees is shared with other Marin CYSA clubs.