Meet the TPSC Director of Development!
Mattias Kodzoman is the Director of Development and Coaching for the Tiburon Peninsula Soccer Club. He has extensive experience as a player and coach. Mattias is from Vasteras, Sweden. He has a NSCAA Premier Diploma and has coached competitive youth teams for the past 10+ years in Tiburon Peninsula Soccer Club, Marin FC, Mill Valley Soccer Club, Central Marin Youth Soccer Club, San Francisco Youth Soccer and Redwood High School.
Mattias was one of 50 national finalists for the Positive Coaching Alliance’s (PCA) Double-Goal Coach Award, two years in a row. PCA gives its Double-Goal Coach Award to youth and high school sports coaches from throughout the U.S. who embody the ideals of the Double-Goal Coach, striving to win, while also pursuing the even more important goal of teaching life lessons through sports.
Mattias is a two time All American having played soccer for Tri-State University and University of San Francisco and as a professional player in Sweden for Basteras SK. He has a BS in Marketing and Accounting from the University of San Francisco. Mattias has also taken over 500 players and parents to Europe to play soccer over the past 11 years. In addition to being our club’s DOD and DOC, Mattias will also coach competitive teams for TPSC.
What does a Director of Development do?
- Oversees training and player development for all recreational and competitive players
- Designs, staffs and directs all Club camps, clinics and Soccer Academies
- Oversees and participates in player evaluations and competitive team tryouts
- Mentors and manages coaches for our competitive teams
- Mentors and manages coaches to assist our recreational soccer parent coaches
- Mentors and supports volunteer parent coaches with their rec teams
- Develops an age-appropriate curriculum so that each player is always learning the skills they need to move up to the next level or age group
We are thrilled that Mattias is the Director of Development and Coaching for the Tiburon Peninsula Soccer Club. This will help us develop all of the players in our program to their full potential while making it fun and rewarding for the kids!