2022 TPSC Competitive Team Tryouts
Tryouts are open to any interested and age appropriate player from any club.
TPSC coaches understand that tryouts can be stressful experiences and will do what they can to provide as much information as possible about the process to the players and parents.
In general terms, tryouts consist of small sided games and large sided games observed by our coaching staff. Multiple coaches will observe players and use the assigned numbers to take notes and make selections.
The players will be evaluated based on their performance at the tryout.
Please Note: The TPSC Competitive Teams will start up their mandatory season August 8th with a weeklong team camp. Every player who commits to a TPSC competitive team is expected to attend the team camp August 8-12, 2022. (Boys and Girls U8 (2012) will have a 3-day team camp starting August 15th, 2022.
From the Director of Development & Coaching, Mattias Kodzoman
I encourage any player wishing to improve his or her soccer skills to attend the TPSC soccer tryouts. We strive to offer the local players a fantastic soccer experience and are planning to host 16-18 competitive boys and girls teams for the fall of 2022! Playing competitive soccer is not only a lot of fun but you will develop life skills as well as lifelong friendships.
TPSC forms teams by birth year in accordance with US Soccer. So players who are born, for example, in 2010 will try out with other players born 2010.
For the season of 2022 the playing format will be 4v4 (B/G U8’s), 7v7 (B/G U9-U10’s), 9v9 (U11-U12’s) and 11v11 (U13’s and older)
2022-23 Competitive Team Soccer Tryouts
Girls and Boys Born 2010-2015
Redwood High School - Football Stadium
Sunday, May 15th, Saturday May 21st & Sunday, May 22nd
9 AM - 6 PM
|AGE GROUP||GIRLS BIRTH YEAR||TIME|
|AGE GROUP||BOYS BIRTH YEAR||TIME|
2022 Fall Competitive Rosters
Sharks Team Rosters will be posted after tyouts have been completed.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO ATTENDING TRYOUTS!
Players must wear soccer cleats, shin guards, white tshirt and bring
a water bottle and a soccer ball.
2022 Competitive Team Soccer Tryouts
Boys Born 2005 - 2009 and Girls Born 2006 - 2009
for The Schedule Click HERE
• Online, pre-registration MUST be completed prior to the player's first tryout.
• Players must wear shinguards, soccer socks, soccer cleats, and bring a water bottle and a soccer ball.
• Players should attend at least one tryout to be considered for a team. Players are encouraged to attend all three tryouts
FOR POSSIBLE RAINOUTS CHECK OUR FIELD STATUS PAGE
Proposed Schedule For Boys And Girls Teams Born 2005-2014
Pre-register for tryouts prior to attending. See link above or below.
6-8 optional practices
August 8th, 2022 to mid November/early December (depending on age group)
Mandatory Team Camp:
August 8-12, 2022. Week long camp (3 hours Training Per Day)
Team camp is followed by twice a week practices through mid November/early December depending on age and gender
Each team, 2005-2014, will participate in 2-4 tournaments depending on age group
8-10 league games will be played during the fall season
Some teams will participate in NorCal State Cup
Preparing for Tryouts
- Discuss the tryout process with your player and explain that this is a learning experience. Discuss how he/she should handle being asked to join the team and also discuss how he/she would feel if not invited. Each year there are kids who do not make teams. But it’s very common to see many of these players play House (Rec League), work on their game by attending the Club’s clinics, camps and by playing futsal in the winter. They then try out the following year and make the team. So although the tryouts can be stressful there are also a number of lifelong lessons that can be learned from the experience. Parental expectations and preparation can be a critical part of a child’s learning from the experience - whether or not he/she make a competitive team.
- The kids should prepare for the tryout by practicing; either on their own, with a parent or with the one of the Club coaches one of our Club Clinics.
- It is a good idea to watch some soccer on TV, Fox Soccer Channel shows a condensed highlights show of one of the top leagues in the world every Sunday at 6pm each Sunday.
When will decisions be made?
- Rosters will be posted on the TPSC website approximately 1 week after tryouts are over.
- IMPORTANT! If your child is selected for a team, you must register and make a payment online within 24 hrs of notification to confirm your acceptance on the roster and to guarantee your child's spot on the team.
- A team meeting will take place in late May 2022 where you can do sizing of uniforms, and important club and team information.
I didn’t make a team.
- Consider the coach’s observations of what you need to work on.
- Participate in a TPSC Player Development Academy or TPSC Summer Camps.
- Play on a Rec or Interleague team this year; enjoy your soccer; work hard with your coach and TPSC professional trainer to improve your skills. Most of all, have fun!
- Attend as many TPSC clinics during the year as you can.
- Attend soccer camps and clinics this summer; each week at soccer camp is equal to an ENTIRE SEASON of training!!!
- The TPSC holds clinics and camps throughout the year.
- There are also several other summer day camp programs that operate locally in June and July.
- There are also some great sleep-away camps throughout northern CA.
- Get a friend, get your brother or sister, or get your parent and kick a ball around every day. Practice juggling, kicking and dribbling. Getting better at soccer is all about how many times you touch a ball!!!
- Don’t get discouraged! Come back next year and try out again!!!
Please email us with any questions you have -